Our 550 volunteers play an important role. With at least 13 active courts and grounds full of various activities and events, our volunteers are key to making the day a success. While the courts are staffed with tennis teaching professionals, we need volunteers to help with activities, like monitoring the flow of participants, supervising court safety and assisting with picking up balls and equipment. Volunteers are also responsible for supporting various grounds activities that happen throughout the day, such as distributing hats, conducting surveys, providing directions or assistance and monitoring crowds. Volunteers will receive a lunch stipend, AAKD hat and AAKD shirt.
If you're interested in volunteering for the day, you must attend a mandatory orientation at the Grand Hyatt New York in Manhattan on Friday, August 27, at 7 p.m. Assignments, credentials and an AAKD shirt will be available only at this meeting. We do not arrange for alternate pick-up of these items unless you have already been assigned to a volunteer group.
Each participant must registrater online and mail us a signed release and consent form.
Other important details:
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older as of July 1, 2010.
- The deadline for online volunteer registration is 5 p.m. ET, July 2, 2010.
- All release and consent forms must be received no later than July 30, 2010.
- We will notify you via email if you have been accepted to volunteer by July 30, 2010.
- The Friday, August 27, Volunteer Orientation is mandatory for all volunteers, even if you have participated in the past.
- Volunteer commitment time is for Saturday, August 28, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. There is no rain date for this event.